Who we are
TRAFFINA FOUNDATION FOR COMMUNITY HEALTH (TFCH) is a charitable organization; founded in 2007 by a young trained Nurse/ Midwife- Chinomnso Ibe. The foundation exists to engage and support the efforts of relevant Federal Health departments, local implementing Partners, donor agencies and development partners and Civil Society organizations, by promoting the children , young girls and women through capacity building for health care workers and communities on strategies to provide interventions on HIV/AIDS, Maternal and Child mortality, adolescent and sexual reproductive health, prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV/AIDS ,Malaria and other opportunistic diseases, as well as promoting access to quality health care services to the marginalized groups in the society.
To provide a lead strategy for access to quality RH information, prevention and treatment of HIV/AIDS, gender equality and women empowerment, Maternal and Child mortality and other to a large population without consideration for gender, age, orientation and givens of life.
A society where children, young people and women, are mutually towards promoting access to quality health care, leadership opportunities, prevention and treatment services for the betterment of the society at large.
The Traffina Foundation is registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration /IT/NO34269 of federal Republic of Nigeria- Abuja, and Owerri North Local Government Area in Imo State, and Network of Non-governmental organization of Nigeria.
The foundation service delivery area focuses on treatment and health awareness: Prevention, Capacity building and Care / support.
Those we serve:
- Our targets include: Children, Women and young people (both in-and out of school) in various communities.
- Young People Living With HIV/AIDS
- Pregnant Women & Women on Post Natal periods
- People with Disability (PWD)
- Orphans and vulnerable children (OVC)
- Other vulnerable groups such as drug users
The primary objectives of the Association are:
- To promote the human rights of women through education among indigenous women and girls
- Eliminate discrimination and ensure equal participation of women at all levels of society.
- Promote and strengthen gender-sensitive communities and family systems that respond to the issue so of women.
- Eliminate all forms of violence against women and young girls in Nigeria, especially in post conflict zones in Nigeria.
- carry out enlightenment programs that are focused on sexual & reproductive health Rights, treatment adherence for people living
- with HIV/AIDS, drugs and substance abuse prevention programs, HIV/AIDS education, prevention, care and support.
- Strengthen capacity of health workers in primary health care centers, in other to deliver quality health care services.
- To carry enlightenment programs on the needs to abolish various cultural practices that are dangerous for women during pregnancy and after child birth.
- To advocate and promote the social well being of orphans and vulnerable children in the society.
- To initiate drives geared towards the development of Young people and Women Empowerment through skill acquisition fora and micro-credit financing
- To build the capacity of couples on prevention of maternal and child mortality in both the rural and urban areas
- To advocate for equitable women participation in community health policy formulations
- To conduct research/surveys relevant to children and women development
- Conduct awareness programmes in rural communities on safe motherhood.
- Providing home follow up to pregnant women.
- Training health care workers on good attitude towards pregnant women.
- Providing information on effect on harmful practices during pregnancy and child birth.
- Advocating for male involvement in safe motherhood and childcare.
- Visiting the rural communities to sensitization of women on need to attend ANC and to deliver at health centers.
Our Core Values and Guiding Principles:
TRAFFINA Foundation believes in a society where the right government policies and programs are centered on developing the potentials of children, women and young persons, and harnessing them to be positive society change agents.
- We believe people are the change-agent in the society where they live.
- Respect for the dignity of life of individuals
- Full support for community and family values.